How to Export/Import non-login items to CVS file on Windows 1Password 4?

Options

Does 1Password for PC have the ability to export/import non-Login items like Accounts, Wallet, Software and Secure Note to CSV file? The only items I could export are the items that's under "Logins".

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.41
OS Version: Windows 7 HOME
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@KYC2000 ,

Only Login items can be imported via CSV in 1Password for Windows.

Where did your data come from?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KYC2000: Indeed. 1Password for Windows currently only supports importing of Login items, but we may be able to expand this in the future. And if you can give us more information on your setup it may help us improve 1Password going forward. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KYC2000 1Password for Windows does export/import non-Login items to 1PIF, but CVS export/import is limited to Login items.

• KYC2000
    KYC2000
    Community Member
    Options

I hope 1Password could able to import/export all items in the future, preferable to a CSV file because an unencrypted CSV file can be so easy edit, manipulate, copy and paste. In addition, I don't have to key in data one by one! I am not sure if the 1PIF file have that kind of flexibility and capability in manipulating unencrypted data. Plus, what kind of software or convertor do I have download to read/edit 1PIF file?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

because an unencrypted CSV file can be so easy edit, manipulate, copy and paste

@KYC2000 While exporting non-Login items to CSV might be easy, the result is far from. Because every non-Login item type has different built-in fields, and because the user can add custom fields, you would have lots of columns -- most of them not applicable to the other item types.

I am not sure if the 1PIF file have that kind of flexibility and capability in manipulating unencrypted data.

@KYC2000 1PIF is JSON, and as such nicely structured (and unencrypted).

what kind of software or convertor do I have download to read/edit 1PIF file?

@KYC2000 You can open 1PIF in any text editor, including notepad.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

@KYC2000,

It seems from your posts you're mostly interested in exporting. This converter can use your 1Password exported 1PIF data to produce a more concise, semi-tabular fashion as an HTML document. Perhaps you'll find that more useful.

As svondutch has indicated, CSV is not a good data format for data sets that vary their columns across records.

This discussion has been closed.