Endlessly repeating URL re-submissions {Re-open]

Options

Afraid I need to re-open this one - it has not gone away. I have sent a full report by email, but briefly I can now repeat this, in Firefox only, by attempting a login to Disqus.com using incorrect credentials (Open In from right-click menu in 1Password desktop application). It continually re-navigates to the login form, fills and submits it about once a second with no user input until the browser tab is closed.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.4.0 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Local on USB drive

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

@JohnHind I believe you need version 4.4.1 of the extension (not 4.4.0)

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4

• JohnHind
    JohnHind
    Community Member
    Options

Arghh!

Why does "Help, Check for New Version" in the desktop app not warn me about that? Why is there no update check/update facility on the Browser Extension menu?

Cannot get the new version at the moment, it says "The addin could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on app-updates.agilebits.com".

Frankly, I think with this process very few people are ever going to manage to keep Browser Extension up to date!

[ If Laura is nearby, can you please discuss with her as she is also dealing with this]

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnHind We cannot install (and consequently cannot update) the extension from the desktop app. The extension is supposed to come from the Chrome and Firefox web store respectively. The web browsers are then updating your extensions automatically, which is something they usually do flawlessly.

• JohnHind
    JohnHind
    Community Member
    Options

I found the manual update button in Firefox Add-ons Manager - press it and it says "No Updates Found". I also confirm I have "Update Addons Automatically" selected. Maybe something has gone wrong in the publishing process?

I think it would be fairly straightforward for 1Password Desktop to check the correct version of the add-in although I accept it may not be possible to update them except through the respective stores.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

@JohnHind Here are my steps:

1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P)
    4. Click on: Browsers
    5. Click on: Install Firefox Extension
    6. Click on the big green button labelled "Install"

Result: 1Password 4.4.1 is getting installed into Firefox.

At this point, I'm beginning to suspect maybe there is a problem between your endpoint and app-updates.agilebits.com

Please install the extension manually. Thanks!

ref: VMU-17765-544

• JohnHind
    JohnHind
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks.

The "big green button" method gave the "The addin could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on app-updates.agilebits.com" message mentioned earlier.

Manual install successfully updated to 4.4.1 and I can confirm that this has fixed the problem.

There definitely does seem to be something wrong with configuration at your end. Since I can access "agilebits.com" it seems like it must be a problem within your domain.

I definitely think the version check in 1Password desktop should include this check, or at least include some wording that the extension version needs to be verified separately.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

There definitely does seem to be something wrong with configuration at your end.

How so? Our SSL certificate seems to be up-to-date (TLS 1.2 + SHA-256 with RSA encryption)

I definitely think the version check in 1Password desktop should include this check, or at least include some wording that the extension version needs to be verified separately.

Usually, the extension does not need to be updated manually. The web browsers do it automatically for us. We seldom see a problem with this procedure. That being said, I agree it would be nice if the desktop app could tell you the extension is outdated. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.