Chrome extension keeps asking to save already existing passwords

Options

The Chrome extension keeps asking me to save already saved passwords after I login on a site. This happens even on different installations of Windows (different machines). How can I solve that? Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.4.1.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yetzero: Indeed! Simply click "Never for this site" and 1Password won't prompt you again:

But if you're having login issues with specific sites, be sure to report them using our Synapse website issue tracker, and feel free to post with the relevant information so we can see what we can do to help. Cheers! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yetzero,

I would certainly be intrigued to know which site this is happening with. I like to expand my knowledge on what sites are doing what and if it's us or them. If you're happy to tell us which site it is here in the forums that would be fantastic but you're certainly under no obligation to do so.

• yetzero
    yetzero
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for answering.

@brenty : I haven't clicked on Never for this site yet on fear of potential issues in the future. As in, maybe one day I change a password on a site and the extension won't ask me to save it again, for example. Anyways, it's not that big of a deal, but the same problem doesn't happen on the Safari extension for instance, that works correctly.

@littlebobbytables : I can try to make a list, but it basically happens on all websites I have a password saved for. Again, it's a small thing, but it's just weird. Thanks a lot!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @yetzero,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you getting these prompts right after filling in an existing Login item, not changing anything?

The auto-save dialog should not be showing up when the password is exactly the same as the one in your database, this is not by design to prompt again after filling in, it doesn't make sense to do so.

I tried this with the same settings as you mentioned in your original post, I can't reproduce this. Do you have other extensions beside 1Password in Chrome that could be confusing 1Password into thinking it is a new Login?

• yetzero
    yetzero
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @MikeT, that's exactly what happens. I checked disabling all other extensions and it still happens. One thing to note is, it only happens when the vault is locked. So it seems it can't know if it has an item already stored unless the vault is unlocked.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

it only happens when the vault is locked

@yetzero Here is a setting you might appreciate:

1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P)
    4. Click on: Auto-Save
    5. Turn ON this setting: Disable Auto-Save when Vault is Locked
This discussion has been closed.