Firefox extention does not show Router type when searching

Options

Hi there. I've found that the Router types items under Accounts are not shown when I search with the firefox extention. They do however show up in the client application.
I've tested that they both are accessing the same vault by adding a test item, and that is found by both the extention and the client app. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SoftAllan: Sorry for the confusion! That is correct: 'Router' items are not shown in the browser extension. After all, if you're using the web browser to login to a router frequently, it would probably be more appropriate to save the login as, well...a 'Login' item.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• SoftAllan
    SoftAllan
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. But that would of course leave me with two items for the same router times the number of routers that I have to remember. It was just an extra jump that I wouldn't like to make. :) I'll break up the "login" parts from the Router items and make additional "login" items for the ones that I use frequently.
    Thanks for the very quick reply! Its the best password manager that I've used and I love it :) The best part I think is the very flexible and variable section and field settings for every item. Just perfect!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SoftAllan,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

We do want to simplify this in the future, some ideas we've gotten is to reference items like create a Login first and then add a link to a specific item for the rest of the information and so on. There's also the idea of making all items as generic Logins with custom fields you can select to preload based on templates. There are a lot of ideas but it wouldn't be trivial to pick one because of the strict database format and extra code we have for the browser extensions on how to deal with specific items for filling.

All I can say is that 1Password will evolute over time, just like when we added the custom fields/sections feature you like, which was a brand new feature for 1Password 4 for Windows (and other apps).

This discussion has been closed.