Trouble with keyboard shortcut in Boot Camp resolved by switching keyboard

Options
punster
punster
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

This isn't so much a question, as it is a (hopefully) helpful observation. Bootcamp 6 came out a couple of days ago for Windows 10, and before I installed it, 1Password worked perfectly. After rebooting after the installation, the shortcut (Ctrl + / failed to bring up the browser). I tried Ctrl + alt + \, I tried reinstalling 1Password and the extension, rebooting, etc. I followed the troubleshooting steps in the shortcut troubleshooting thread for Windows - all to no avail.

I then switched keyboards from the BootCamp installed Apple Keyboard, to the default one. Bingo - the shortcut miraculously works again. Switching back, it doesn't work - I had identified the culprit! To fix the issue, I suspected that the Apple Keyboard uses some weird function key overlay to be able to operate all the apple setting buttons (brightness, volume ,etc), so I reset the shortcut for 1Password to the exact same shortcut, but using the Apple Keyboard to set it. Everything works now!

I scratched my head on this for an hour or two before figuring it out, hopefully this will save someone else time.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
_Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
_OS Version:
Windows 10
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:bootcamp

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @punster,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us to report this. I've moved this to the Windows category so other 1Password for Widows users will see it more easily, and I'll be sharing it with the Windows team here. :)

Much appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.