New Login syncs to Windows main program, but does not appear in Chrome extension

Options
mrmark
mrmark
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I updated 1p on my mac air adding an new log in.. but on my desktop (windows) it appears in the 1p application but does not appear in the key in the browser window.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mrmark,

So just to clarify, syncing between 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows seems to be working as expected, the issue is between 1Password for Windows and the Browser extension, is that correct?

Assuming that is all correct, can you help us by telling us a bit more about your Windows machine please, we'd be interested in knowing the following:

1. Which version of 1Password are you running?
    2. What is your preferred browser and the version of the browser?
    3. Which version of the 1Password extension is installed?

Hopefully with this information we'll know how to proceed :smile:

• mrmark
    mrmark
    Community Member
    Options

On the pc desktop it is version of 1p is 1.0.9.342 the browser is Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m... .I have a key next to the URL box in chrome and this is where the new log in does not appear.. It appears in the desk top 1p that is in the service tray, it appears on my other Mac computer but not in the URL key .. ALSO there is a red circle with an ! on the key icon next to URL box

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrmark,

Since the problem is happening on your Windows PC, I've moved your discussion to our Windows forum where you'll be able to get more help for that version of 1Password.

Thank you for the information! It sounds like there's a problem with the 1Password extension in Chrome, or with the communication between the 1Password program and the extension. To figure out what's happening and how to fix it, one important piece of info we still need to know is: Which version of the 1Password extension is installed?

Please let us know which version of the extension is installed in Chrome on your Windows PC by following the steps from that link. And out of curiosity, do you also use Chrome on your Mac? Does the new Login item show up in the 1Password extension in the browser on your Mac?

...there is a red circle with an ! on the key icon next to URL box

The "key" icon is the 1Password extension in the web browser. When you click on it, do you see the rest of your items from 1Password? Or do you get an error message of some sort? Thanks!

• mrmark
    mrmark
    Community Member
    Options

I am using chrome extension version 3.9.21.90 .... on the mac I use the safari browser
    RE: the ! in a red circle on the key icon next to url bar... it opens to the list of web sites I can go to with passwords

• @mrmark - Can you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we can help you get on to the new 1Password 4 for Windows and this will fix this issue. Thanks!

• mrmark
    mrmark
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent you an e mail...

• LauraR
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thanks @mrmark

ref: AGU-52581-371

This discussion has been closed.