Why 1Password?

Options
jwegier
jwegier
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

tired of trying to remember my passwords and resetting forgotten passwords again and again I decided to give a try to a password manager. The more reviews of password managers I read and the more I am confused about which one to pick. I have been trying the trial versions of three of them for the last three days and they all seem to offer more or less the same functions.

Why according to you should I pick 1Password ($50) over others like Dashlane or LastPass? What are the main differences between 1Password and these two competitors?

Thank you very much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jwegier: The primary differences will be the support platforms, featureset, and licensing.

For instance, 1Password is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, if that matters to you. 1Password also has browser extensions for login saving and filling, and can use Dropbox to sync your data. But perhaps most significantly, you control your data; it is only stored where you put it, and AgileBits has neither your vault nor the Master Password used to secure it. Finally, 1Password is licensed per-platform, and there is no subscription; when you purchase a license, it's yours to use forever. :sunglasses:

Regardless, be sure to take advantage of the trial, since that's ultimately the best way to know for certain if you want to spend your hard-earned money on 1Password! :pirate:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have specific questions, since I should be able to answer those more definitively. And thanks for considering 1Password! :)

This discussion has been closed.