Why is the Chrome Extension for Win so different compared to mac?

Options

Hello,

I really don't like the extensions for Windows Browser. I have to work in both worlds and hate theses differences in one of most important tools.
So. i.e. this floating search windows is really abd, why not the same as in the max extension.
password generator...why not the same functions as in mac?

My team is using 1password..because I told them..NOT because they like it. (Team is working on windows)

So...is there any light at the end of the road for a better browser extension on windows?

The expected behaviour from the user is sooo different on this version that I'm thinking of switching to a different solution that has the same UI and workflow.

As I said 1PW is one of most important tools, but the windows version feels bad.

Any feedback for me?

Best regards

Jörn

1Password Version: 4.6.0.858 windows
Extension Version: beta
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:why is the windows version so different, kb-search:Windows Chrome Extensiuon, kb:cannot-install-extension

Comments

• Hi @corma,

What would you like us to improve specifically? We do know there are some work to be done and we are not planning to stop improving the product any time soon. We do know the following that needs to be improved on the 1Password Helper for the extensions; inline editing, better search experience, the ability to see the entire item contents instead of a few relevant fields, and more categories.

The menu you're seeing is coming from 1Password Helper, a native program running in the background on your PC, the same thing as 1Password mini on OS X. 1Password mini is a floating menu on OS X, just like 1Password Helper on Windows, they're both native apps generating a menu on top of your browsers. In addition, 1Password Helper is only a companion to your extensions, it is used for filling and saving, it does not intend to be a mini-companion to the main 1Password program like on OS X.

We do plan to change this in the future but we don't have a timeframe on this. If you can tell us more details about what you'd like us to improve on Windows, we'll add it to our list.

This discussion has been closed.