I can open vault but icon upper right doesn't enter PW in web site.

Options

The little icon at top right of win8 chrome doesn't enter the pw into web site. There's no connection between vault of saved pw and the icon used to enter the encrypted pw.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: win 8.1
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:I can open vault but icon upper right doesn't function.

Comments

• smr36
    smr36
    Community Member
    Options

I can't get the circle icon to enter the pw. I can open the vault but it doesn't communicate with the icon. I tried reinstalling 1pw - no help. I had this problem before but have been able to work around to get it working.,

Try again
    Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension.
    What does the helper do?
    What might be causing the problem?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
    Extension Version: 4,4.3,90
    OS Version: win 8.1
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Try again Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. What does the helper do? What might be causing the problem?

• Hi @smr36,

1Password Helper communicates with 1Password extensions in your browser to show you the 1Password menu, fill your data in and also saves your data with your 1Password database on the local drive. If 1Password Helper can't communicate with the extension, nothing will work.

Can you tell me what browser you're using and what security and/or anti-malware programs you might have installed?

Have you try following the steps in this support article to see if it will help: https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/

• smr36
    smr36
    Community Member
    Options

Browser is chrome
    Secty" MS windows essentials
    I have no idea how to open ports. The support article assume advanced user knowledge i don't have.
    `

• Hi @smr36,

Try this; open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the Help Menu > Advanced and uncheck Verify web browser code signature. Now, go back to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper.

Restart Chrome, does that allow 1Password to work in Chrome?

• smr36
    smr36
    Community Member
    Options

I did as you suggested but no help. The circle icon is still dead - won't enter pw in app log in even though the vault is unlocked.

• Hi @smr36,

Please use this guide to generate a 1Password diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• smr36
    smr36
    Community Member
    Options

I just send the diag rept.
    It was send through a different email app. but please continue responding to this gmail address.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

ref: QCY-69867-489

This discussion has been closed.