Can't download Add-on to Safari.

Options

Just starting trial version, and get message: " Add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com"
I see a download box show up for milliseconds, then the message above appears.
My web connection is OK.
PO'd !!!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:trial version cannot get extension for Firefox to download, kb:install-browser-extension

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

@Btu65_PI: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, it sounds like you may be encountering an issue with Safari trying to download the extension. Is that the case? This is usually due to 'security' software or settings on your PC, so any relevant information about your setup may be helpful.

Ultimately, AgileBits doesn't have any control over your ability (or lack thereof) to install the extension in your browser, especially if you're not allowed to for some reason. You could try downloading it in another browser instead and then dragging the extension to Safari to install it manually though. Please let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• Hi @Btu65_PI,

This is usually caused by Avast. If you do have that, try the instruction here for Firefox, which should be the same for Safari: https://support.1password.com/cannot-install-extension/

Also, we do not recommend using Safari as it hasn't been updated for over two years and it is likely to be insecure. We'd recommend switching to Firefox, Opera, or Chrome.

• Btu65_PI
    Btu65_PI
    Community Member
    Options

Correction to my above.
    I'm actually using Firefox 41.0.1, 1Password 4.6.0.586, on Win7, 64bit, Home Premium, Serv. Pack 1.
    I'm thinking that something in Firefox or maybe my Bitdefender 2016 is prohibiting the download of the 1Password add-on. Don't know why I said "Safari" above.
    I still having the down load blocked.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Btu65_PI,

It is the same instruction for Firefox as it is for Safari, try downloading the extension to your drive first instead of installing it from our page: https://support.1password.com/cannot-install-extension/

Once you have it on the drive, you can then install it there and that should work.

This discussion has been closed.