Moved Dropbox vault, what happens with .ws.agile.1Password.settings? [1Password takes care of it]

Options
seedy
seedy
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,
Regarding using 1Password with Dropbox;

If I move the location of my 1Password vault files within Dropbox (Dropbox/Apps/ to Dropbox/New/), where does the '.ws.agile.1Password.settings' file need to be located please? (Dropbox/ ,or Dropbox/New/ )

Thanks in advance

added:
It appears to be working fine while the above file is located in the root (Dropbox/) folder. Can anyone please confirm this is correct ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @seedy!

1Password will regenerate the file in Dropbox's root folder if you change the location of a vault.
    Simply point 1Password to the new vault location via File > Open 1Password Vault and let 1Password do the rest.

Cheers!

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    Options

So can that original '.settings' file be safely deleted ? I dont see one anywhere else since I made the move. It's now just sitting in the Dropbox root folder and looking out of place.

Thanks for your reply Alex

• It can be deleted. Any .ws.agile.1Password.settings file outside of the root folder is unnecessary.

You're welcome :)

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    Options

Done.Thanks again.

• Cheers!

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Just as a side note and in case anyone else uses 1Password in a similar way, I have noticed the '.settings' file recreates itself in the root Dropbox folder.

• Yup :)

This discussion has been closed.