How do I clean out my 1Password account (windows & IOS) and start fresh using new features?

Options

I have 1Password on both my windows laptop and iphone 6 plus. Over the years I've created 200+ logins and two different vaults. I've not taken advantage of all the features and had changed password but not delete old one so have multiple logins with same title but different passswords. Its only trial and error to pick the one that opens the app. I want to use the password generator especially for bank accounts, credit cards etc. Also do I sync with Dropbox, iCloud or wifi. What other features should I be using. I understand that deleting current vaults is irreversable. Want to have a clean start for the new year.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.5.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:starting-over

Comments

• Hi @Gary F,

Actually, you can just back up the vaults on the PC and keep it around in case you want to come back to it later, it is not irreversible. You can back it up now by going to the Backup menu in the main 1Password program on your PC.

One thing you can do is create a new vault to start from in the Windows program and switch between this clean vault and your older vaults to make it easier. If you want to copy your item from the older vault, select the item and use Control + C to copy it, than switch to your clean vault before pressing Control + V to paste it in. That way, you don't have to recreate the entire thing.

How are you syncing your 1Password data right now between your PC and iOS?

• Gary F
    Gary F
    Community Member
    Options

Using Dropbox. Is there a better method? Also what features am I not taking advantage of?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

@Gary F: There aren't actually any new user-facing 'features' in OPVault, mostly technical improvements. The key benefit from a user perspective is that metadata is also encrypted in OPVault.

The answer to your question "Is there a better method?" depends entirely on your setup. So if you can tell us which OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, we may be able to recommend something. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.