HTML File is Not Showing Up in .agilekeychain

Options

I was helping a relative get 1Password running this past weekend. One of the big features they are looking to use is 1PasswordAnywhere. I didn't realize that the new .opvault format did not support this before creating the first vault, so we created all vaults in the .opvault format. After realizing this wouldn't work, we created a new .agilekeychain vault and moved all passwords to it so they could use 1PasswordAnywhere. The problem we ran into is that the HTML file used to open 1PasswordAnywhere is not showing up inside the .agilekeychain file. Was 1PasswordAnywhere discontinued, or is there a way to force it to appear?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:1passwordanywhere, kb:1passwordanywhere

Comments

• Hi @bwehner,

We do not recommend using the older agilekeychain, the reason we're moving toward OPVault is to strengthen the encryption and improve the overall security system in 1Password for the next decade. Both agilekeychain and 1PasswordAnywhere are being slowly phased out and you will have to switch to OPVault eventually anyway. 1PasswordAnywhere were created several years ago but it is something you should move away from, not move to.

In any case, I can send you a copy of the HTML file to use if you want it.

1PasswordAnywhere is a last resort to getting to your data when you cannot install 1Password or use it on your smartphone, it should not be the sole reason to use 1Password. We do plan to have something new for people who wants a web interface to 1Password, a part of it is already under development for our upcoming 1Password for Teams service and we want to bring it to family and individuals as well.

• bwehner
    bwehner
    Community Member
    Options

That would be great if you could send me a copy of that file so they can have that functionality until the new method is released. I've moved my own vaults to the new OPVault, but I will work on convincing my relative to switch as well and let them know that a replacement for 1PasswordAnywhere is in development. Thanks!

• Hi @bwehner,

I sent it to you via the private message.

This discussion has been closed.