Move to dropbox is grayed out and my account won't sync with it. I am on the most current version.

Options

I have been using 1password for several years and it works great on my main machine but I have always struggled to get it to sync with my other devices. Move to dropbox is grayed out and I've tried so many different things I cannot remember what all I have done. Should I create an export, uninstall 1password, then import all of my info? I'm getting nowhere and am quite frustrated.

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:how-safe-is-cloud-sync, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:move-to-dropbox-disabled

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gregory_billhardt: If the button is greyed out, then there is probably a vault with an identical filename already in Dropbox. Please be sure to check for that.

Alternatively, there may be some other software issue there. The old version of 1Password that you're using wasn't designed or tested for the current versions of Windows or Dropbox. You may want to consider upgrading regardless.

But you can also move the vault there yourself using Windows File Explorer. Just close 1Password, place the vault in Dropbox, and open it again in 1Password in it's new location. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.