Windows 10 License

Options
jsteve3000
jsteve3000
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Ive just clean installed Windows 10 on my existing machine. When trying to enter my 1Password license key, it says it is invalid for version 4 but I am eligable for an upgrade. It worked ok with 1password 4.6 on Win7.
My understanding is that I should not need to purchase a new license for this use-case.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win7 win10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jsteve3000: It sounds like you may have been using an older version of 1Password on Windows 7 then. Another possibility is that you have another license under a different email address, which would explain why I'm not seeing it.

The best thing to do would be to check your records, as you'll have received a receipt for the purchase, and that will tell you the version, the email address, and the date of purchase. If you purchased 1Password for Windows any time in 2014 or 2015, your license is valid for version 4. Otherwise, it would be only for the old version (1.x). Shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your findings and we'll get this sorted out for you. Cheers! :)

ref: 490148

• jsteve3000
    jsteve3000
    Community Member
    Options

Ive emailed customer support

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jsteve3000: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: LPS-23991-358

This discussion has been closed.