After Upgrade to El Capitan 1Password doesn't let me fill in new logins, etc.

Options

I can open the program but don't see the cursor moving when I type new information into a new opened window. When I hit enter the information shows up after a few seconds. It's like writing with invisible ink. I've Version 3.8.22 (build 32010). Is there a way to fix this?
Thank you.
Christian

1Password Version: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X11.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Christianvon,

I've moved your query to our legacy section as 1Password 3 is now a couple of generation behind. We discuss this issue in our post 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X as well as what options are available to people. In this case the options aren't great, the only real route left is to consider a paid upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac which is compatible with El Capitan.

You may very well have questions after reading the post I've linked you to and we'll do our best to answer them.

• Christianvon
    Christianvon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. After reading the comments you guided me too I will upgrade to 1Password 5. Thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hope you find 1Password 5 worth the upgrade @Christianvon like I have :smile: especially given the circumstances.

If you have any questions about 1Password 5 please do contact us :smile:

• Christianvon
    Christianvon
    Community Member
    Options

I just downloaded 1Password 5 and it seems that I've now 3 and 5 running. How do I close3?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Christianvon,

Once all your data is in 1Password 5, you can quit 1Password 3 and move the app to the Trash. Please do not use any app cleaners (as they can get overzealous!). Simply drag 1Password 3 from the /Applications folder to the Trash.

You'll also want to remove 1Password 3's browser extensions.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.