I have a huge problem

Options
Fresh_tilapia
Fresh_tilapia
Community Member

Ok, so my iPhone 5c was broken for quite a while... And in that time, my phone had gone into connect to iTunes mode. I had to erase it of every thing with no back up if it to count on. I lost everything, and I was upset, but what I'm more upset about is that I can't get to my vault. I have my life's passwords and identity on there! I need help! I'm using the the same wifi network I previously used.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Were you backing up your phone or your 1Password data in any way? Were you syncing to another device by iCloud, Dropbox, or WiFI?

• Hey @Fresh_tilapia! I'm so sorry to hear that. We'd love to help out in any way that we can. First up, did you happen to be syncing your data anywhere, or did you back it up, as hawkmoth mentioned? Even a backup to iCloud that you may have restored after your phone was set up again would be helpful. If you don't have any backups or weren't syncing your data somewhere, do you have another copy of 1Password somewhere with your data on it? Possibly your computer or a tablet? Hopefully we can figure something out. :)

• Fresh_tilapia
    Fresh_tilapia
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth sadly no, iCloud refused to back it up

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Fresh_tilapia

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately if you have no backups there would be no way to restore the data. I apologize for the inconvenience.

For the future I'd highly recommend making regular backups using our built-in backup utility:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

You may also want to consider syncing your data:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.