Unable to add license key

Options
khiser2016
khiser2016
Community Member

HI. I have a license key purchased from the AgileBits store. It was a single user license for 1Password 4 for Mac, purchased on 10/1/2014. I was upgrading from v3 at that time.

I was using 1Password successfully on my old laptop, running El Capitan. I do not know what version of 1password I was most recently running on the old laptop, presumably version 4.

On December 12-ish, I got a new laptop (Mac, El Capitan) and installed 1Password 5, not realizing that it was a new version and was going to be treated as trial.

WHen I use your system to retrieve my license key, it is only showing that I have a key for version 3. However I have purchase the receipt for the upgrade to version 4.

I need your system to correctly reflect my version 4 purchase, so that I can do the free upgrade to version 5 and get my current install properly registered. It is a free upgrade correct?

If the v4 to v5 upgrade is not free, how do I downgrade to version 4 on my new laptop? I have no need to purchase the new version; the old one works just fine (very fine, actually).

I am happy to provide my purchase receipt for v4 to you, if you need that.

Thanks!

1Password Version: v4 / v5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq, kb:add-license

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @khiser2016,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty with your license on your new Mac!

You're correct - 1Password 5 for Mac is a free upgrade from 1Password 4. I searched in our system for the email address from your forum account, and I was able to find your licenses for both 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 5 for Mac (the version 5 license is the same as the version 4 license). So, I'm not sure why a new license email would have only shown your 1Password 3 license. I had your license info resent to your email, and that should definitely include 1Password 5 for Mac license info, with a link you can click on to easily apply your license file. If for some reason you don't get that email, please let us know.

Hopefully that solves the problem, but please let us know if you need more help. We're here for you! :)

• khiser2016
    khiser2016
    Community Member
    Options

I received the email however it does not have the link to apply the license. All it lists is the license key itself. And as you know, there is no place in v5 to type in the license string.

The email still shows a v3 license, not a version 4. Perhaps that is why there is no link to apply the license key auto-magically to the installed application. If you will let me know the correct email address, I am can forward you the email that I received, if that helps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @khiser2016,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still frustrating you. I'm sending you a private message with a direct link to download your license file.

Please let me know if this gets things sorted for you!

ref: 507353

• khiser2016
    khiser2016
    Community Member
    Options

Yay! Thank you!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're very welcome! I'm glad she was able to help get this all straightened out. You should be all set, but if you have more questions or run into any trouble, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• vlemmon1951
    vlemmon1951
    Community Member
    Options

I have the identical problem - I have licenses for 1, 3 and a 4 family pack. I am building a new mac powerbook (OS 10.11.2) after my last one died. I entered my email in the license recovery window at ehe AgileBits web site and it only found my the licenses for 1 and 3. the link it sends takes me to a download that, when installed, still says trial. Help is appreciated
    Vance

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @vlemmon1951,

I've just tried something and had our system send you a new email. Does this properly show a new licence?

ref: 575126

• vlemmon1951
    vlemmon1951
    Community Member
    Options

Worked beautifully! thank you, thank you, thank you. Vance

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent news @vlemmon1951, thank you for letting me know it resolved the issue :smile:

This discussion has been closed.