Can I use Chrome extension in Windows 10 if I own 1Password on OSX?

Options

I would like to purchase 1Password today, but am wondering if I just need a license for Mac so I can sync passwords between my Mac and iPhone, and have a full software application to manage them while on my Macbook - and just use a Chrome extension while on my Windows 10 PC to auto-fill in passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:chrome

Comments

• Hi @rhaezor,

That's not possible at the moment, you would need the 1Password program on each computer and mobile device in order to decrypt your 1Password data locally and then securely pass it into the extension. The 1Password extension does not have your data nor does it have any specific UI or code on how to fill your data. This is all handled by the 1Password Helper on Windows and 1Password mini on OS X where it has a "brain" with many algorithms to figure out how to fill your data and send that information to the extension.

However, it may be possible in the future as extensions are evolving over time to become more powerful and we may have the ability to run 1Password as a self-contained extension, which could work well on ChromeOS as well.

For now, you would need to purchase the Mac + Windows bundle license at our store to cover both of your PCs and Macs.

• rhaezor
    rhaezor
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.