Primary windows user

Options

My primary computer is the PC. I also have an android device and a macbook pro. From what I understand, the trial versions of android and macbook pro DO NOT allow adding items >25 items. However, they can still sync. Since I am primarily using only my PC and only my other devices from time to time, can I purchase just the PC version and sync the passwords as needed? Will the android and mac versions still show items >25?

My second question is if I am on a computer where I do not have access to my phone, is there a way I can retreive my passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @saacommand,

Since I am primarily using only my PC and only my other devices from time to time, can I purchase just the PC version and sync the passwords as needed? Will the android and mac versions still show items >25?

Yes, except for a few things:

1. 1Password is free for 20 items or less on both Windows and Macs, not 25.
    2. On Android, it simply becomes a reader after 30 days if you don't unlock the program, which mean it can read anything in your 1Password data file you can manage fully within the purchased 1Password for Windows program.
    3. The Mac app will start asking for the license file once you reach more than 20 items and you will not be able to make changes.
    4. We do offer a bundle Mac+Windows license at our store that includes a discount.

My second question is if I am on a computer where I do not have access to my phone, is there a way I can retreive my passwords?

The short answer is no, you need the 1Password app to decrypt your data file, we do not host your data in the cloud where you can access it.

We used to have a feature called 1PasswordAnywhere, if you were syncing with Dropbox, you could access your 1Password data on Dropbox.com. However, we had to phase it out as it was getting outdated fairly quick. We need to come up with a better updated solution for our users and right now, we don't have anything.

For some folks, their needs may be better met with the upcoming 1Password for Teams solution, which is basically a cloud-based version of 1Password that you can actually access via the browser and it includes all apps with a subscription model. This is the one where we do host your data and you can access it anywhere without any 1Password apps required.

This discussion has been closed.