Sharing 1Password on Multiple Devices

Options

I have a work computer that does not allow me to download unauthorized applications. It seems that I need to download the 1Password app on all computers that need access, then share the password vault via Dropbox. Correct? How do I use 1Password on my work computer? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @crbaws!
    You are right. You can share 1Password vault for all computers using Dropbox.
    1Password for Windows requires administrative privileges for installation and integrates in the system. We recommend to authorize 1Password app for running on your work computer by the right way to avoid potential issues with program functionality.

• Hi @crbavs,

Just to expand on what VitalyG said, only the installer itself needs admin rights. The main program doesn't.

We do plan to update 1Password that would remove the requirement of the admin rights in the future but I don't have a timeframe on this.

As for now, you would need to have the program installed to decrypt your data.

However, in the near future, you may be able to work around this by using our upcoming 1Password for Teams service where you will be able to access your data in the web browser instead and not require an app to manage your data nor Dropbox. We'll handle the sync for you.

This discussion has been closed.