combined mac and pc bundle.Hard time installing pc version

Options
vicky
vicky
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I purchased ipassword 6 for mac and ipassword 4 for pc. I've installed and am using the mac version no problem. I need to sync my vault to the PC and I can't seem to get it working. I tried uploading to dropbox, but I didn't see how to install that backed up file onto the PC.

Could you help please? thank you [phone number removed]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:if my computer dies, can I access the vault, kb-search:should the vault be backed up, kb:backup-faq, kb:ios-itunes-backups, kb:backup-faq

Comments

• Hi @vicky,

Do not use the backup/restore method to sync your 1Password data. Instead, configure the Mac app to use Dropbox to sync your vault and then configure 1Password on your PC to use that file in Dropbox.

Here's how:

1. Follow this guide to enable the Dropbox sync for your 1Password vault on your Mac
    2. On your PC, download and install Dropbox from https://www.dropbox.com. After you install Dropbox, wait for it to finish syncing. You'll see a check mark on the Dropbox icon in your notification tray area on the bottom right.
    3. Now, open 1Password on your PC, it should detect your 1Password vault in your Dropbox folder. If not and you're seeing the welcome tour with three options, select the second one, I have used 1Password before and point it to your 1Password.opvault folder in your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password directory.

Let me know if that helps.

• vicky
    vicky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT! I finally got our systems synced and working... our my mac and my husbands pc.

• That's super great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.