1Password will not log me in to my computer!!?

Options

Please Help!!
After installing 1Password (Fileversion 4.6.0.598) free version. I can´t log in to my computer anymore. When I rightclick on Desktop is it possible to veiw my C:disk but i can´t run any program or 1Password.
I have manege to save some files like My Dokuments and Favorites and so on but Saved games is a empty folder!? I can't get into safe mode using F8 so I can't gain access of my admin account and therefore can't uninstall my program
I´m running OS Win 7 and 64-bit Windows.

Any suggestions?? Is the only thing to reinstall windows ones again??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• helgeomaja
    helgeomaja
    Community Member
    Options

Can not log on to my computer. I´ve only have the start screen, nothing else. i did not choose any password for the startscreen only for the program.
    HELP!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @helgeomaja,

1Password does not have any control over your Windows' functions such as the start screen. There is only one password and that's for the main 1Password program and/or the extension in your browser, nothing else changes.

Can you clarify what you're seeing? Does it look like a blank screen with the 1Password's unlock dialog in the middle and did this happen as soon as you open 1Password?

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @helgeomaja,

I just saw your other thread and merged it into this one.

1Password is a userland program, it doesn't do anything that would cause the OS to mess up like this. We have never seen a single case in a decade where 1Password would cause this type of issue with an OS.

Did you update Windows or anything like that around the same time that you installed 1Password?

Try using the System Restore feature to restore Windows back to before you installed 1Password: Here's a guide provided by Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-restore-faq#1TC=windows-7

• helgeomaja
    helgeomaja
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike!
    My computer is a mess. The more I try to fix it more damage it takes. There was nothing wrong with the 1Password program, as you sad, it was probably some virus.
    Now I can´t do anything with it, not even install Windows. It extrakt its files and then stop, doing nothing.
    I don´t know what to do. Something wrong with the SSD disc!?

• Hi @helgeomaja,

I'm so sorry to hear that. A drive failure may be possible and it could explain everything you saw.

I would suggest checking with your SSD's manufacturer site to see if they have a tool to run tests from a CD or USB drive. It should let you know if there's a problem with it.

This discussion has been closed.