Unable to unlock vault on one of two PCs

Options

Comments

• dwat8
    dwat8
    Community Member
    Options

Been using 1password on my ipad since October. Purchased & downloaded "for Windows" today. 2 laptops, both running Win10; one -- my master pw (set up on my ipad) worked, no problem; 2nd laptop -- won't take, "unable to unlock." I've rebooted couple times; uninstalled/reinstalled -- same result. it happens, that the unsuccessful login is on preferred laptop. grrrrrr! Help... PLEASE!

• Hi @dwat8,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you have the Secure Desktop feature enabled on one of the PCs?
    We will work through this with you.
    Can you please begin by going through the steps in the knowledge base article 'I lost or forgot my Master Password. Help!'?

Thanks

• Hi @dwat8,

Is it possible 1Password on your preferred laptop is looking at a different 1Password vault?

How are you syncing your data between the laptops, is it via Dropbox?

1. On the working laptop, open the main 1Password program, unlock and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General, look at the 1Password Vault path. You'll need to recall this on the second laptop.
    2. Now on the second laptop, open the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault and try to open the vault in the Dropbox folder that matches the path that you saw from the first laptop.
This discussion has been closed.