Migrating from Win 10 Desktop to new Win 10 laptop. Can I use my existing 1Password license?

Options
BobbieDowing
BobbieDowing
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am migrating from a desktop computer running Windows 10 to a new laptop running Windows 10. I have a 1Password license that is working on the desktop computer, and I installed 1Password on my new laptop. But now when I'm trying to open 1Password and run it on the new laptop, I enter the license key that I have for Windows 10 and it says it's an invalid key. The version from my purchase agreement is below. Do I have to purchase a new license to have 1Password work on my old laptop?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Migrating from Win 10 Desktop to new Win 10 laptop. Can I use my existing 1Password license?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @BobbieDowing,

You can use the same license key on any numbers of PC you're using and you can also share it with up to 5 family members for a total of 6 human users on the license. Each family member can use it on any number of PCs as well, we don't keep track of computers or installs.

When you enter the license key in 1Password via the Help Menu > Enter License Key, make sure it starts with OPW4-. It is in your license email under the 1Password product name.

By the way, this is a public support forum, I've removed your license order details in your post, please do not share any sensitive information in this forum. If you'd like more privacy or want to get in touch with us directly, you can email us at support+windows@agilebits.com.

This discussion has been closed.