I'm using Google Chrome and many times the 1Password extension will not work.

Options

I'm using Google Chrome and many times the 1Password extension will not work. It keeps asking to launch the helper. Sometimes if I relaunch Chrome it will work, but lately it has not worked. My dropbox is working perfectly, so I don't know what the issue is. Please help!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:browser extension not working in Chrome, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:extension-troubleshooting-ensure-helper-running, kb:missing-extension-button, kb:extension-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hi @vbontheset,

It looks like some piece of software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

It's be also helpful if you could give us more details about the situation. From what you're saying it sounds like it works sometimes.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.