Purchased mac version - Do I need now to purchase ALSO for windows and ALSO for Android??

Options

As the topic asks.
The Mac license is not cheap, compared to all the other password managers out there, but I went ahead and purchased it. Then when I installed it in my Android device, I saw I need to pay as well. Went to my windows machine, and saw that I need to purchase an expensive upgrade so it works there as well??

Isn't it a little bit exaggerated? I'm happy to promote small companies and help them growth, but the need to pay a hefty fee for each different platform is a thing of the past and usually common with the bigger greedy organizations, such as Microsoft.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy to pay a fee for the different platforms, but the price you are requesting for the Windows edition is exaggerated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @andydev,

Current customers get a discount to match the Mac+Windows bundle license we sell at our store. To get the discount, please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your license information or proof of purchase and we'll explain how it works.

As for paying each platform, yes you do have to pay separately. The Android and iOS mobile apps can only be sold by Google and Apple, there isn't a way to bundle everything in one price and at the moment, 1Password is not a cloud solution where we can offer a monthly price for everything.

We are working on 1Password Families model to do just that but it'll coexist with the standalone products and we're still working on completing the Windows support for it.

This discussion has been closed.