Have a Windows license, can I use it now on Mac due to the new license model?[No, only for new ones]

Options
TheDetective
TheDetective
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In the past. I have purchased a Windows license for myself. Since the new license model apparently does not allow you to purchase Mac and Windows licenses separately, can my old Windows license now be used to activate both the Mac and Windows version in the future?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @TheDetective,

No, this only applies to new purchases. If you want to use Macs, you would have to upgrade your license to the new one by using the upgrade store.

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thank you for the information.

• zomtecos
    zomtecos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

you recently changed your license model for the Desktop Apps: one license for both. I bought a Mac license some time ago... can I use this one now for my Windows Installation (same Device, other Partition on hard drive) too?

Best regards,
    Oliver

1Password Version: Win: 4.6.0.604 / Mac: 6.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.4 / Windows 10
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: ug:windows/, kb-search:license, kb:purchase-verification

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @zomtecos,

I've merged your thread into this thread that has the same question, I'll repeat the same the #2 reply:

No, this only applies to new purchases. If you want to use Macs, you would have to upgrade your license to the new one by using the upgrade store.

• zomtecos
    zomtecos
    Community Member
    Options

So, as I have a 1Password 6 License File... how can I enter a file into a textfield?

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @zomtecos,

Do you see the license ID in the license file name? If yes, add that into the license code field. This guide will help as well.

If it doesn't work, just email us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll help you.

This discussion has been closed.