[Feature Request] Map hotkey to frequently used password

Options

I use 1password to store all my important passwords, including administrator passwords for servers and I administrate. These passwords rotate monthly, and I have to use the password often within a terminal session. Since this is not a website, I have to use the following steps --

(1) open 1password
(2) search for the server name in my list
(3) right click on the password field
(4) click copy to clipboard
(5) click back on the session window
(6) press ^V to paste the password

If I could map a specific (global) hotkey to do all of the above (assuming 1password is unlocked, of course) that would be awesome. For example, I would map CTL-ALT-1 to the primary server I usually have to administer. Expanding on this, if that hotkey could record a specific set of actions, like "type username", "press tab", "type password", "press enter" then I could automate the entire login process with one that one keypress.

Thanks!

Ron

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rdefulio,

You can do that with Auto-Type and automate that with App Login. Here's the guides on how to do that:

1. Create an App Login
    2. Use Auto-Type to fill your username/password in apps beside the web browsers
  • rdefulio
    rdefulio
    Community Member
    Options

I'll give that a try.. At first glance it doesn't seem to bind a hotkey but that looks a little easier than what I am doing.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

There isn't a way to bind a key for specific workflows but Auto-Type is easier since you only have to memorize one shortcut, the same one you use in the browsers, Control + \.

If you have multiple Login items for the same app, it'll show you the list of Login items you can choose.

• rdefulio
    rdefulio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that, I'll try it.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome, let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.