Syncing problems

Options

Purchased 1P 4 today b/c it promised syncing. Unable to sync via WiFi my Windows 1P vault with my iPhone and iPad; I've read ALL available articles/chats/forums. Some say I need 1P 5; if so current 1P 4 promise is inaccurate. I need a LIVE discussion to solve problem. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing problems

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @passout,

1Password 4 for Windows does support syncing with 1Password 4-6 for iOS. You need the 5th version only on the Mac, the 4th version is all you need on Windows.

Can you tell me what's happening when you try to sync using the Wi-Fi sync? Was there a specific error?

• passout
    passout
    Community Member
    Options

Resisted downloading Bonjour, which was described as enabling my computer to talk to my printer. Huh?!? Finally downloaded and syncs are up and running. Thanks for your quick response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry for the confusion! While Bonjour can be used to talk to printers shared by Macs on your network, that's because it's a general-purpose network discovery service — which allows your devices to find each other so they can connect to Wi-Fi Sync as well. It's built into OS X and iOS, but it's a separate install for Windows. I'm glad it's working its magic for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.