When I login to 1 Password, the screen goes black except for login window

Options

For the past two days, when I need to login to 1Password, the screen goes black except for login window. Then most of the time, my first attempt is rejected but second attempt works.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:For two days whenever I need to login to 1 Password, the screen goes black except for login window

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MKG1109,

That sounds like you're using the Unlock on Secure Desktop feature, which puts your unlock dialog on a separate secured desktop that's mostly blank except for the unlock dialog.

Did you make a change to enable Unlock on Secure Desktop feature before this started happening? You can find this setting in the main 1Password program's File Menu > Preferences > Browsers > Unlock > Unlock on Secure Desktop.

Your first attempt failing sounds like your AV might be interfering and 1Password didn't get your first character of the password, that's why the second time works.

Can you tell us what anti-malware solution you're using?

• MKG1109
    MKG1109
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT that was exactly what happened! I don't recall changing the setting but it appears I did so now I'm back to normal.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.