freeze during auto download of icons

Options

tried the trial version today. imported logins from an other application via csv. then tried auto download of icons. it got till nr 33 and then froze.
it wants to read from www.inkt123.nl but the window seems to suggest it is trying to read from www. inkt123.nl (with a space in the website address). I can stop the application with task manager, but as soon as I start again I get the same problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Herbibi: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password isn't "freezing"; rather, it's trying to do what you told it to do. When you select File > Download Rich Icons, 1Password has to connect to each server to request them. So this depends on two things: the responsiveness of the website itself, and your connection to it. Quite a few of the logins in my own vault take some time as well, and there isn't anything 1Password can do to speed that up unfortunately.

Regarding that site in particular, it took roughly 2 seconds for 1Password to connect to it and move on i amy own testing, so it doesn't seem to be that site at all; rather, it will either be something with your own connection, or perhaps a routing issue between you and the site.

That said, you're absolutely right that this means that 1Password itself becomes unusable until the connection to the website is either successful or fails, so it may be that in the future we can have 1Password to this completely in the background so you can at least use the app while it's waiting for responses from the network that are slow in coming. Thanks of bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.