How do I create my master password?

Options
liz
liz
Community Member

I'm sure this is a basic question for most, but I don't know what to do. I had 1Password a couple of years ago and encountered some problems and just gave up trying to use it. This time I'm determined to make it work. I created and paid for a new account. I downloaded 1password. How do I create a new master password for this new account? I'm using windows7 and I use both chrome and firefox. I can't figure out a way to enter my new password anywhere. There was no prompt giving me the option to create a master password. And to further complicate things, my 1password icon in the upper right hand corner of my screen now has a red warning circle with an exclamation point in it. I'm sure this isn't a good sign... Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @liz - You didn't have to purchase a new license, so I have refunded your latest purchase. You can start a new vault with a new master password as follows -

Run 1Password and from the lock screen, click on File > New 1Password Vault.

So we can help you further with the problem in the 1Password browser extension where you see the exclamation point, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.