1Password from my Mac to Windows Chrome

Options

I purchased the 1Password Family monthly pack. I installed it on my iPhone and Mac computer. I also want to install it on my windows chrome browser (my work computer). I downloaded both the program for windows and chrome extension (I really only care about the extension and not the program if possible to only setup one). However, when I try to login it ask to setup a new one or an existing one from a backup file. Am I able to link the two accounts and pull the same passwords? I don't really want to setup two separate "entities". If so how do I do so? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @risphil - Thank you for signing up for 1Password for Families. We are still working hard on a new 1Password for Windows desktop app to support your Family vault. If you are running Windows 10 you can use 1Password for Windows Modern from the Windows store - this is a free download and is currently in beta. It doesn't yet offer the 1Password browser extensions. If you are not running Windows 10 you can access your Family vault through the Chrome or Firefox browser. Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to explain more.

• risphil
    risphil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Laura thanks for the response.

I currently have Windows 7 and use Google Chrome. I installed the Chrome browser extension; however, when I click on it it takes me to the above issue where it is asking me to create or open an existing vault. Please help :)

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @risphil - I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@risphil: dahanbn is correct: the 1Password for Windows desktop app does not yet support 1Password Families/Teams. But if you'd like to use it (and the browser extensions) with local vaults, we can help you get that setup.

This discussion has been closed.