100% reproduction of "Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified."

Options

I get the 100% of the time in my setup.

Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified.

Filling and other features are disabled until this issue is resolved.

My wife and I have separate accounts on our Win10 laptop and use separate 1Password/Dropbox accounts. Her account is set to auto-login at boot. So anytime I boot the machine, her account starts up and I click on Start > Her Account at the top > My Account. If I then try to use the 1Password extension, the "code signature could not be verified" will appear in her account and the extension window will not appear. She'll get a dialog for each time I try.

I usually have to restart the helper and restart Firefox to get the issue to stop.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.640
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Philippe23,

Can you reproduce the error message and then send us the diagnostics report, so we can see why it is doing that.

Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

E-mail sent with a few reports.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Philippe23,

I don't see it yet and I also tried looking for it with your email address listed in your forum profile.

Did you get an automatic reply from our BitBot? If yes, it should include a unique support ID, can you tell me that ID, so I can find it.

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is [#ZGM-35216-428]

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as possible.

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member
    Options

For future Googler's, MikeT made the following suggestion via e-mail and it seems to work for me, but it sounds like it's a little experimental:

This sounds like you have two 1Password Helpers running into each other from both accounts.

According to the #1 report, you do have two 1Password Helpers running at the same time, that would happen if you have two logged in accounts. Both Helpers would interfere with each other and block one from working properly, this is due to 1Password Helper opening a local system port, so it can't be isolated to the account.

When you restart Helper, you gave one a chance to connect to the extension before the other one got in, so it was like a race condition with the fastest one that wins.

Try this:

1. Open 1Password in each account and go to the Help Menu > Advanced to select "Allow Terminal Services and Citrix", this needs to on for both accounts.

2. Reboot the computer

See if this works better, this setting tells 1Password to expect more than one Helper running and to switch to an alternate port.

It isn't turned on by default because it doesn't always work consistently in some cases and it only benefits a very small number of users that uses more than one concurrent account on the same PC. The setting basically adjusts how dynamic 1Password Helper can be in choosing ports and checking for other copies of itself. The dynamic changing of ports can be difficult to maintain especially when you manually adjust rules in firewalls and anti-malware solutions for these ports.

• Glad to hear that this solution worked for you, @Philippe23, and thank you for sharing it.

This discussion has been closed.