Hi ... The two-step login procedure is not working for me.

Options

I am using version 4.6.10.604 on a Windows 10 PC with Firefox and the published procedure for two-step logins isn't working for me. Specifically, in step one, 1Password does not respond to "Save new Login" after typing in a user id and invoking the save new id command via settings. Is the published procedure just not updated?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multi page logins windows

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DeeVeeCS,

No, it's up to date but it may not work on all sites. The fact that it didn't work via the Save New Login manual process means the extension cannot see the username field.

Can you tell us what site this is or if you see the same problems on all sites?

• DeeVeeCS
    DeeVeeCS
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike ... After checking a couple of sites that I visit with some frequency, I'm beginning to see what you mean. For Hallmark Cards (www://HallmarkCards.com), I could not save a user id, but I could separately save the password. For MidwayUSA (www://MidwayUSA.com) I could neither separately save the User id nor the password - for that site, guess I'll have to record the logon info in the notes so that I can copy & paste. By and far, the single click sign-on is working fine. I'll try to report the sites where there are problems.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DeeVeeCS,

For MidwayUSA, 1Password did prompt to save the information on the second page including the username and it did then fill on both pages next time.

For HallmarkCards, it redirected me to Hallmark.com and it shows the username/password on the same page, which also lets 1Password auto-save fine.

Can you click on the 1Password icon in your Firefox browser and go to Settings > About 1Password, can you tell me what extension version you're using?

• DeeVeeCS
    DeeVeeCS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ... The Firefox extension version is 4.5.5

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DeeVeeCS,

That is the latest version, so I'm not sure why you're seeing different behaviors from me.

Can you open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Auto-Save and on the bottom for Avoid auto-save on these domains, do you see any sites listed here?

• DeeVeeCS
    DeeVeeCS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ... the only "avoid' listed was Convio. I have no idea how that domain got there, so I deleted it - it didn't have any connection with the sites I have been having difficulty with. In the mean time, another site has surfaced with similar problems: https://www.recyclebank.com/ and the problem with Hallmark is even more complicated than previously mentioned. If I use two-step and do step 1 manually and provide the password via 1Password auto-fill, it LOOKS like I'm in, but when I go to actually send an e-card, I am prompted to login in. Really scratching my head on this one !

Question: On top of Firefox, I am running the "HTTPS Everywhere" extension. For sites that operate in the HTTPS environment, I expect the extension does nothing. If the site operates in the HTTP environment, however, the extension generates code I believe. Could this possibly be the source of these irregularities on my system?

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @DeeVeeCS,

Could this possibly be the source of these irregularities on my system?

Yes, it is possible. Please try disabling it temporarily, restart Firefox, and test the affected sites to see if 1Password prompts to save these sites.

I can't reproduce the issue on Recyclebank.com either, 1Password prompted to save like every other sites.

[Update: I tested HTTPS Everywhere and even set it to block all HTTP requests and 1Password still works on these sites you mentioned]. You might want to try disabling all extensions in Firefox except 1Password, restart Firefox, and try again.

If it still doesn't work better, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• DeeVeeCS
    DeeVeeCS
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike ... That seems to have been the problem. I have permanently disabled https everywhere on all of my computers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• MikeT
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @DeeVeeCS,

Try turning it back on and see if it still works. Firefox has this weird issue sometime where you have to kickstart extensions by turning it off and on before they all can work with each other.

Not to mention, I've tested it and I cannot reproduce the issue.

This discussion has been closed.