teams vs local 1password

Options

Hello

I'm using 1password for my personal passwords. We are also considering using 1password teams in the company i work. The idea though that i'll loose the ability to have a local / personal vault being completely unrelated to the teams account, is not something i like.

As i understand it, the app should have two modes. Personal (reading the local vault) and team (syncing online). Are you considering this option?

thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @nkwinder,

I have good news for you! If your company decides to get 1Password Teams, you have nothing to worry about. On one hand, you'll get a personal vault within the Teams account, that nobody else can access. You can also keep your already existing local vault, without it getting mixed or merged with the Teams account you belong to.

When you open 1Password you'll be able to use local vaults and your 1Password accounts. You can even create more local vaults, or go further and belong to more Teams or Families accounts, without mixing anything at all. Right now Teams is still free while it's in Beta, so it's the perfect time to try it with your company! I hope this helps you! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nkwinder: Pilar is right on. While I'm sorry to say that we don't have a complete 1Password Families/Teams solution on Windows yet, we're working on it.

And the good news — especially for your case — is that you can see the direction we're headed with the existing apps: 1Password for iOS, 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Android, and the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app all support both "local" and 1Password Teams/Families vaults concurrently. We don't want to have to choose one or the other either, after all. :pirate:

• nkwinder
    nkwinder
    Community Member
    Options

Great news! Thanks a lot!

p.s We are on windows 7, so although we started an evaluation... we just couldn't do anything from just the web interface. So we are just waiting for the app...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, understood. Thanks for your patience! Looking forward to having better news for you and the rest of us who use Windows 7 regularly! :)

This discussion has been closed.