Larger fonts please? Finally? Been requested for years.

Options

I downloaded 1Password for my retired parents, and I think I'll end up needing to find another program because the fonts on the stored logins and password are ridiculously small. I've seen people requesting a font size bump for at least 6 years now. Please, please consider implementing this. Just having an option under VIEW along the lines of LARGER FONT that bumps up the text on stored information would satisfy what people have been requesting for years now. I can't imagine this is a major challenge to implement.

I've seen the argument against this being a request for people to increase their overall Windows font size. But the problem is - you chose a VERY SMALL font size for your login info and passwords. It's dramatically smaller than the font size used for most forms online, and even this text here as I type. I'm not requesting this because I think the site needs adjustable fonts. I'm requesting this because the font size you selected is simple too small. Please consider either bumping up the default size of stored login & info text, or having a LARGER FONT option. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• adamctierney
    adamctierney
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded 1Password for my retired parents, and I think I'll end up needing to find another program because the fonts on the stored logins and password are ridiculously small. I've seen people requesting a font size bump for at least 6 years now. Please, please consider implementing this. Just having an option under VIEW along the lines of LARGER FONT that bumps up the text on stored information would satisfy what people have been requesting for years now. I can't imagine this is a major challenge to implement.

I've seen the argument against this being a request for people to increase their overall Windows font size. But the problem is - you chose a VERY SMALL font size for your login info and passwords. It's dramatically smaller than the font size used for most forms online, and even this text here as I type. I'm not requesting this because I think the site needs adjustable fonts. I'm requesting this because the font size you selected is simple too small. Please consider either bumping up the default size of stored login & info text, or having a LARGER FONT option. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adamctierney: This isn't something that's possible with the current version of the 1Password for Windows desktop app. If the font is simply enlarged it won't be usable, since the text will no longer fit in the user interface (buttons, text fields, etc.) Also, 1Password for Windows doesn't use a fixed font size. But since it was designed originally, the way that scaling is done (especially for high DPI displays) has changed things significantly. For example, I don't have the problem you're describing, since it depends on the display hardware and software used. "Bumping" the font size would cause just as many problems as it would solve.

However, the update we're working on will be resolution-independent (much like the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app) and support newer Windows display APIs for more flexible scaling.

• adamctierney
    adamctierney
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

"If the font is simply enlarged it won't be usable, since the text will no longer fit in the user interface (buttons, text fields, etc.)" That's simply not true. You're telling me the current font size is the only one that could fit into the current UI? That makes no sense whatsoever. I do UI for a living. Would you like me to mockup up how it could fit?

I don't believe it's not solvable, but it's clear this won't ever be changed, so I'll move on to a product that's more legible for my needs. Thank you for answering my question.

Please do keep in mind this is something several of your users have requested for many years. Perhaps that means there is actually a problem here that could be improved, not just argued away and thrown back on the users to fix themselves in other ways. "I don't have the problem you're having" is a frustrating response to give your users. And I don't find myself having this problem with any other products by Apple, Adobe, etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

"If the font is simply enlarged it won't be usable, since the text will no longer fit in the user interface (buttons, text fields, etc.)" That's simply not true. You're telling me the current font size is the only one that could fit into the current UI? That makes no sense whatsoever. I do UI for a living. Would you like me to mockup up how it could fit?

@adamctierney: I'm not saying that UI in general is not resizable. I'm saying that the current 1Password for Windows desktop UI is not, so we can't simply increase the font size.

I don't believe it's not solvable, but it's clear this won't ever be changed, so I'll move on to a product that's more legible for my needs. Thank you for answering my question.

As I mentioned in my original reply, we're working on a major update to the app. While this isn't meant to address UI scaling specifically, that's something we're doing as part of this as well. I'm sorry for not being clearer about that.

This discussion has been closed.