Ever since you guys changed it so that entering the master password takes over the whole screen, I h

Options

Ever since you guys changed it a while back so that entering the master password takes over the whole screen, I have had problems with both my laptop and my desktop. It takes way too long for the "enter master password" field to show up. My screen blinks on and off several times between when I click either the browser extension icon or when I click to open 1P. Sometimes it doesn't show up at all (from browser) and I have to start completely over.
I cannot find a setting that will change it back so that is just a dialog box again (when I didn't have these problems), and not take over the whole screen.
How can I change that back?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.43 (FF)
OS Version: WIn 7 Pro, SP 1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:where did the dialog box go for entering master password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

@kempbj: It sounds like you're referring to the Secure Desktop option, which isn't new and is disabled by default, since it is incompatible with some configurations. Just turn off 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Unlock on Secure Desktop to use the default Master Password prompt. :)

• kempbj
    kempbj
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! I didn't know what that option meant, but it sounded like a good plan. I will uncheck that. Thanks, Brenty!

• LauraR
    Options

@kempbj - I'm so glad Brenty was able to help you. On his behalf, you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.