New user install

Options

I installed the trial version at home and it is working. I am on my office pc today and I see the extension installed on my browser but it is not working. It says "Looking for the 1Password helper, The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly."

What can I do?

Also, while using the trial version I noticed that there was a Team version for business. I bought that service and am setup. But how do I merge my Trial Version Logins with the paid Teams Version Logins?

What do I do with the Trial Version if I will be using the paid Teams Version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• artearch
    artearch
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to mention that I have Windows 10 at home and Windows 7 at the office. I don't know if it matters.

• Hi @artearch,

Thanks for contacting us!

There are a couple of things at play here, so let me go through them one by one:

I am on my office pc today and I see the extension installed on my browser but it is not working. It says "Looking for the 1Password helper, The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly."

Have you installed the 1Password app on your office PC? If the answer is "Yes!" and it's still not working, there's a good chance that some piece of software on your office PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

Also, while using the trial version I noticed that there was a Team version for business. I bought that service and am setup. But how do I merge my Trial Version Logins with the paid Teams Version Logins?

That is possible on your home PC. Please take a look at our migration guide for the details.

Please note that the version of 1Password for Windows that supports teams only runs on Windows 10 so far. We're hard at work on a new version for Windows 7 and 8.1 that works with 1Password for Families/Teams and it will go into public beta soon.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you!

• artearch
    artearch
    Community Member
    Options

I still need to know what to do with the Trial Version. Do I activate it? How and where? Do I uninstall it? What do I do with it?

• Not necessarily. If you plan on using 1Password for Teams, you can simply uninstall the trial version once all of your data has been migrated to your 1Password for Teams account.

Until the Windows 7 compatible version is out, we recommend using the website on your office PC.

This discussion has been closed.