Windows browser extension not locking sometimes

Options
lucasbfr
lucasbfr
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I have an annoying issue where I sometimes find the browser extension still filling passwords on Firefox after the computer was inactive (and locked) for a full night, despite having these settings:

Do you know why this keeps happening? This is an issue my computer since is a laptop.

Windows 10 - 1Password 4.6.0.604 - Firefox 45.0.2 (but it's been happening for a while)

Comments

• That would explain it, @lucasbfr.

1Password is set to only lock when you don't use it for 60 minutes.
    Check the box for locking the vault when the computer is locked and it should work.

• lucasbfr
    lucasbfr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alex,

That's a workaround I'll try but it looks like the idle timer is not working as expected: I left my computer alone (locked) from 7PM to 9AM last night.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lucasbfr: Do you have other software which may be keeping things "active" overnight? Be sure to try the security settings and let us know if you're still having this issue. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• lucasbfr
    lucasbfr
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty not that I know of, this seems random (despite the computer being locked every night). How do you measure activity ?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lucasbfr,

We monitor for your keyboard/mouse activity, if neither is used, it will lock in 60 minute. Sleeping the computer without locking it down would sometime freeze the timer as in it doesn't monitor the time while it is sleeping.

• lucasbfr
    lucasbfr
    Community Member
    Options

That could explain our issue @MikeT!
    Can I suggest storing the time of the last event to prevent the freeze issue? Or a "Lock if whe computer goes to sleep" option :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lucasbfr: It's tricky, especially since behaviour can vary between Windows versions and hardware, but perhaps that's something we'll be able to find a solution for in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.