i purchased a professional license in 2014 for both windows and mac. how do i sync

Options

i purchased a professional license in 2014 for both windows and mac. i'm trying to get my accounts to sync up. i want the logins on my mac to display on my pc without having to re-enter them

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:sync with a different vault than originally configured, kb:wifi-error-7027, kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-folder, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Hi @jmscott,

Welcome to the forum!

That's quite easily done via Dropbox sync. You can read all about it in the knowledge base article 'How to sync your 1Password data'.

One quick question, though: Have you been using 1Password on your Mac and PC separately so far? Meaning: Do you have separate data sets on both devices and possibly separate master passwords?

Cheers!

• jmscott
    jmscott
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

previously i only used it on my mac. i just installed it on my pc today. they both have the same master passwords.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jmscott,

When you opened 1Password for the first time on your PC, did you get the welcome tour with three options asking about if you're new to 1Password or if you've used 1Password before or did you get the unlock dialog right away?

If the former, did you choose "I'm new to 1Password" and entered the same password as the password used on the Mac?

This discussion has been closed.