Tried roboform export. Have the latest roboform 7.9.17.5 The data import is wrong.

Options

Per instructions of https://support.1password.com/import-roboform/ (except that I cannot find 'Full URLs checkbox' in roboform latest version) , the 1Password import went thru but the data is all messed up. Can you verify and confirm that you have tested the latest roboform (version 7.9.17.5) with latest windows 1Password and it works for you. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 4.6
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Folder
Referrer: ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, kb:move-vault, kb:import-roboform

Comments

• Hi @bsri12,

Thanks for writing in!

Please note that you will need to install Roboform Version 6, as per the guide article since later versions of Roboform export data differently.

Please let us know if the export using Roboform version 6 was successful.

Cheers!

• bsri12
    bsri12
    Community Member
    Options

oh well thats not good as the rollback (of roboform) to prior version might be uncertain. is there any other solution you can offer by way of the latest roboform?

• This is the official solution for the import from Roboform to 1Password.
    There is, however, a set of excellent converters made and curated by our forum member @MrC.

You can find all the necessary information here: Import data from other applications

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@bsri12 ,

The roboform converter in the converter suite should give you pretty good results. Use the 1.09 version in Testing Bits, as there has been a bug fix to the roboform converter.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, and the most important part of importing data is a reliable (and complete) export, which is why we recommend version 6. You can always backup your data beforehand. But the converter can also be a big help when it comes to getting the data into a format usable by 1Password. Cheers! :)

• bsri12
    bsri12
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

While I appreciate the workaround but its too much technicality that I or pretty much most user community would skip. Instead, I will downgrade to version 6 and give it a shot.
    to @MrC - I can see you have put tremendous effort to workaround not just with rf but others, I just suggest 2 things (again consider the user base technicality - they are focused on end product) = 1. industrialize this some sort of easy to use UI 2. just wish agilebits takes your effort and embeds in their end product

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options

@bsri12,

I can appreciate where you're coming from, and some users are intimidated by the steps required to convert on Windows.

The amount of labor required to create a cross-platform UI, or two different UIs is far more time and energy than I'm willing to provide for free. I wrote the converters to be cross-platform, so that I could code on one platform, and be pretty sure a converter would work on another platform with very little change. Windows is a problem-child.

Now, I will suggest - the instructions are lengthy, but there are in actuality only a few steps, and conversion is a one-shot deal. You'll get better fidelity with the converter. Your call, but don't be afraid. Thousands of people have already used the converters, and so can you.

• bsri12
    bsri12
    Community Member
    Options

got it @MrC Java FX (JFX .. called 'swing' in the old world) comes to mind for cross platform UI - if you ever have spare time :) or AgileBits dares and helps its user base to pursue your project further.
    Overall much appreciate your effort.

Solution that worked for me:
    I installed a lower version of roboform (version 6.9 to be exact and 6.10 doesnt have the 'Full URLs' option) and got it working to import into 1Password. Unfortunately 6.9 roboform is not available to download from their official site anymore and had to download from a third party site which i didn't trust. Hence I had to install it on a virtual machine and then export (print to html) the data.

Does 1Password provide a reliable 6.9 roboform for download? Since they have tested, am sure they should have a copy.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@bsri12 ,

A key requirement is that users be able to read the script files easily, as these scripts have access to their very private data. This way, users do not need to trust ME, but can rely on reviews by others.

Java has been so plagued with exploits, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

This discussion has been closed.