my 1 password beta cannot find password helper

Options

basically not working. does not supply passwords, update new passwords, or allow editing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:update-1password, kb-search:1 password helper, kb:windows-processes

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @jcsikesone,

That makes sense, 1Password Helper is required for the browser extensions to work in your browser. Once we fix the issue with 1Password Helper, it should work.

1. Can you tell me what version of 1Password you have installed, it is 4.6.0.605-BETA?
    2. Which browser are you using?
  • jcsikesone
    jcsikesone
    Community Member
    Options

beta2016.51000u
    Windows 10 home 511

I recently had to replace my power supply, motherboard, and thus had to install a new Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jcsikesone: Indeed, I'm sorry for the confusion there! The 1Password for Windows 10 beta app doesn't have a Helper, which is what makes the browser extensions work. We'll be adding browser integration to that app in the future, but it isn't possible currently.

As dahanbn mentioned, you can use the 'globe' icon in the item details to open and fill logins using the built-in browser. Alternately, the 1Password for Windows desktop app works with the extensions in popular browsers.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.