How will we be billed per user?

Options
AdamP
AdamP
Community Member

I just have some details about how the finer points of billing will work.

How is the amount of users determined? For example, let's say I want to go ahead and purchase this now, but I have more users than I actually want to pay for. Should I deactivate/delete these before adding a credit card?

What about in the future when adding new users: will I be billed right away as soon as I add a new user, or is there some way of specifying the number of users I want to pay for and then the admin console will only let me keep at most that many active?

Is there anyway to convert an active user to a guest?

Is there anything else I should be aware of in this vein of questioning?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hey @swivelman! Great question. If you don't want to be billed for a member, they need to be deleted before you add billing info. When you add a new user, you'll be billed that night if you're an annual subscriber or at the end of the month if you're monthly. There currently isn't a way to convert a member to a guest or vice versa so you'll just need to have the member back things up, delete them, and invite them as a guest. Remember they don't get a Personal vault as a guest.

If you'd like to learn a bit more about this, Roustem's post yesterday has some great insight. :)

That should be it! If anything else does come to mind, feel free to let us know.

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member
    Options

What about deactivated, but not deleted users? Will we be charged for these?

• Jacob
    Options

@swivelman Yes you will. If you don't want to be charged for a member, simply remove them from the team.

This discussion has been closed.