1password not working on netflix ie11

Options
tkaz7
tkaz7
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

it is not able to fill in fields on netflix ie 11 win 7, it says it can not fill in fields but does work in opera. btw I cleared cache, cleared trusted sites to no avail and cookies are open. any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@tkaz7: Weirdly, I'm not having any trouble filling a login on Netflix.com, so I wonder what might have changed in your case. Do you have "security" software that might be interfering?

Alternatively, do you perhaps have the browser's built-in filling enabled? If Internet Explorer is also trying to fill the login form, that may be conflicting. So first, try disabling that:

Disabling web browsers’ built-in password managers (Internet Explorer)

If you're also having similar trouble with other websites, uninstall the Internet Explorer add-on but unchecking it in 1Password Preferences > Browsers, restart Windows, and then install it again.

Then double-check your other settings:

Disable Enhanced Protected Mode

Keyboard shortcut is not working

After doing so, your login may work just fine. If not, try manually saving a new login with the browser autofill disabled. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the '1Password' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thanks I did what you said to no avail (inc ie pw memory not on). What it does is this: it fills it in and then the email addy flashes and disappears then I put it in and on and on it wont take it. Its all correct. I run Norton and the identity portion of it is off, no add ons for Norton just 1pw. I run very few add ons in fact no tool bars. The security features in ie are off even pop up is off. Flash is up to date. Im flummoxed. btw I did not choose that green grumpy face LOL. website did I guess. I just don't want to bother fixing it from one on my pc.
    Thanks :) PS; I turned nortons pw thing on temp and it does it too??? Only in IE 11 win 7 opera is fine. I also cleared trusted sites.

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I did some research and its some kind of scripting or something heres a link: I can only sign in by copy and paste if it hits correct page I will have to just use opera I guess they both changed stuff and don't get along anymore (Microsoft ie and Netflix) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/908356 Put it in trusted did nothing. thanks for trying. PS: I did change pic LOL ..not grumpy face anyway.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tkaz7: Thanks for following up! Unfortunately the avatars are chosen randomly and some of them are...kind of disturbing. I'm glad you were able to add one more to your liking!

I actually wasn't aware that Microsoft had documented that particular issue. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to apply to this situation. I was going to say "your situation", but Netflix is a common website, and a problem there would be bad for everyone — myself included!

The Netflix login pages I've encountered, however, don't seem to involve frames, and given that you seem to be getting different results than I am, this is first strange and then a bit disconcerting. Can you give me the exact URL where you're having this problem? I wonder if there's one I've not seen.

However, the more I think about it, the more I wonder if something else is actually putting the real Netflix login page in a frame. If so, a "best case scenario" would be that it's Norton. I know that many "security" suites have "website scanning" features that include extensions and even modify the webpages that are visited. Are you certain that Norton isn't somehow causing this? Often simply disabling threat scanning won't make a difference, since there may be and extension or security certificate installed in the browser which cannot be simply "switched off". Let me know what you find!

The "worst case scenario" is that you have malicious or otherwise intrusive software on your machine, or at least in Internet Explorer. In the past I've seen a lot of "toolbar" add-ons, both black and grey, that exhibited this behaviour, injecting themselves into the sites that are visited, either with the intent of collecting sensitive data, or "merely" for monetary purposes (advertising, profiling, etc.) Do you see any add-ons in Internet Explorer itself or installed apps in Control Panel which you don't recognize? As mentioned above, you should see two 1Password add-ons, and then one instance of the app installed. If there are things you don't recognize as being something you installed yourself, that may be worth investigating.

It sounds like you may have looked into some of this already, but I want to make sure we don't overlook anything. Ultimately, there must be something different with your setup since I'm able to login to the Netflix site with 1Password on all of my PCs running various versions of Windows, and certainly if this were a widespread problem we'd have heard from a lot more people here. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

ok, thanks for input I do appreciate it and wondered why you didn't encounter it if you have a win 7 ie11 to test. Hmmm..hope no malware I do run malwarebytes and super spy on demand only. I don't see any tool bars. Geez maybe change my pw in opera for nf.
    It pops up a message saying two things one that 1pw sees no fields and cant fill in. The next Microsoft refer to the thing I sent you well I thought that's what it was it uses phrases like that. I think I screen shot it. the addy is: https://www.netflix.com/Login same with just Netflix.com. We do however and always have encountered a few sites with IE that closes the browser before we can sign in and reopens it, always unnerves me. (fb or nf cant think of others...it does not always do this and Id forgotten). I do not get any warnings or info from Norton will look in its hist. Thanks again. (it goes thru' 2 screens to sign in nf does it and gmail for a long time now on both browsers have to hit pw icon twice.)
    Is it safe to post my extensions even the run w/ o permission ones screen shot?
    Id like to run something other then Norton but money might be an issue or that Ive tried it before. Ideas? On a lighter note..avator on site..just didn't want anyone to think I was mad LOL.

• tkaz7
    tkaz7
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hmmm now I found this on this site; https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12430/internet-explorer-is-denying-access-to-a-frame-because-it-is-on-some-other-domain
    I just want to be sure its not a malware thing really.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Preface: After wracking my brain here, I think I cracked it (the problem, not my brain...I hope). Please let me if the following applies to your situation. If so, we have a winner and you can skip the troubleshooting steps at the end:

Since you weren't specific about the steps you're taking, I think we overlooked that this is happening because you're having 1Password open a new tab in IE. When I do this, I get the same error. It appears that it's happening because the page hasn't yet finished loading. Try this:

1. After you get the error, and once the page appears to loaded, press Ctrl \. 1Password should fill it successfully.
    2. Click the 1Password button (or press Ctrl Alt \) and choose Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab.
    3. Close IE and then repeat the process. 1Password should fill without error this time.

Internet Explorer is much less efficient when it comes to opening new tabs and windows, so I think it may be that 1Password is simply too fast in these cases and so IE returns the error. Let me know what you find!

Hmmm now I found this on this site; https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12430/internet-explorer-is-denying-access-to-a-frame-because-it-is-on-some-other-domain
    I just want to be sure its not a malware thing really.

@tkaz7: Absolutely! We're in agreement I think. As for the link, the fact is that this is a long-standing issue with some websites in Internet Explorer because the browser simply does not give add-ons access to content in a frame. Mobile Safari actually imposes a similar limitation on iOS extensions, also for security reasons. The idea is that a malicious webpage could load another in a frame to trick you into entering your login credentials so they can capture them. And the Netflix login form is not in a frame — at least on my machines.

ok, thanks for input I do appreciate it and wondered why you didn't encounter it if you have a win 7 ie11 to test.

Indeed. This is what's confounding me as well.

We do however and always have encountered a few sites with IE that closes the browser before we can sign in and reopens it, always unnerves me. (fb or nf cant think of others...it does not always do this and Id forgotten). I do not get any warnings or info from Norton will look in its hist. Thanks again. (it goes thru' 2 screens to sign in nf does it and gmail for a long time now on both browsers have to hit pw icon twice.)

I think we need to consider that the 1Password add-on(s) and/or IE itself may be damaged or have some corrupt settings.

Is it safe to post my extensions even the run w/ o permission ones screen shot?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you clarify?

Id like to run something other then Norton but money might be an issue or that Ive tried it before. Ideas? On a lighter note..avator on site..just didn't want anyone to think I was mad LOL.

Haha, understood. But frankly many security suites — not just Norton — can have that effect on us at times! :lol:

Circling back to the add-on/browser hypothesis, let's first see if reinstalling 1Password in IE resolves the issue:

1. Close Internet Explorer
    2. Open 1Password
    3. Go to Preferences > Browsers
    4. Uncheck Microsoft Internet Explorer and then select OK
    5. Restart Windows
    6. Go back to 1Password Preferences > Browsers and enable Internet Explorer
    7. Follow the prompts to install the add-ons as needed
    8. Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Manage Add-ons to verify that both 1Password add-ons are installed and enabled
    9. Go to Netflix.com and try to login with Ctrl \

If you're still getting the same error, try resetting IE itself:

1. Close Internet Explorer
    2. Open 1Password and uninstall it from IE as outlined above
    3. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset...
    4. It may be best to check the box for Delete Personal Settings to ensure that IE is returned to a known-good state, but that's up to you.
    5. Click Reset and follow the prompts
    6. Restart Windows
    7. Install 1Password into IE again
    8. Go to Netflix.com and try to login with Ctrl \

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.