Network access

Options
d3sys
d3sys
Community Member

Hi, I just installed Windows version. I regulary use the Mac and iOS versions...
Just to encourage you to have it farer...please, we are in 2016... time with win9x is very far away last.... Why do I have to create a network drive to access a shared folder on the network why not just permit to enter the path to the vault. I know Windows is very differently acceeding network share than MacOS (mac is simpler I think! just clic where you want to go). Windows never shows all the shares or even the servers (very problematic with the selector you chose to give us in this version)
and newer versions does not fully support network drive (always get a bug or not connect at startup or other confilcts, authentications issues...).
Please make me a favor... add the way to modify the path or chose another Windows file selector (if it is already done give me the way to) very problématic for us.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Company Network Share

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@d3sys: We wont be changing how file access works in version 4 of the 1Password for Windows desktop app, and network storage is not supported so make sure you backup your data. You may have better luck with the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app, which has an internal database and uses newer Microsoft frameworks (since it doesn't have to support older Windows releases) which may allow it to work better with your specific setup.

This discussion has been closed.