Upgrade for 1password for Windows [Yes, we're working on a new app]

Options
areeb.khan
areeb.khan
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I use 1P on Mac at Home and 1P on Windows at work. I find the 1P Windows version a lot more clunky and the chrome extension is not as slick as is it is on Mac. The search features in 1P don't feel as effective and some categories (within wallet for example) seem to be missing on Windows.

I am currently using Dropbox with 1P Windows.

Is there anything in the pipeline to update the 1P Windows application.

Best,

Areeb

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Yes, there is, @areeb.khan.

We're aware that the 1Password for Windows is getting a bit long in the tooth.
    That's why we're developing a new version right now. You can get a good sense of the direction we're going by checking out the 1Password for Windows 10 beta: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGGZ0HT9

Please note: This is unfinished software, there's no extension support, yet, and .agilekeychain/.opvault database are read-only.

We'd be glad for any kind of feedback you might have so we can improve the software quickly.

Cheers!

• MikeT
    Options

We are starting to share more details in this thread about the next version of 1Password for Windows that'll run on Windows 7 and above. A rough beta is available to use but it has the same limitations as the 1Password for Windows 10 beta that Alex mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.