Firefox: 1Password could not be verified [May be caused by AVG]

Options
Johnds45
Johnds45
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Firefox Version 46.0.01
Yesterday worked fine

Today says that "1Password could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled"
Cannot enable
Still works in Google Chrome but prefer Firefox

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 32bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• Hey @Johnds45,

This sounds like some third party software interfering with the communication between the 1Password extension in Firefox and the 1Password Helper. Can you please tell us whether you're using any kind of security related Firefox extension or proxy extensions?

Sometimes anti-malware software on your system can interfere with one browser only, so it makes sense to check that, too.

Cheers!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Johnds45,

Could you tell us which version of the 1Password extension is installed in Firefox? It may do this if the extension is too old.

To find out, click on the Settings icon on top right of Firefox, select Add-ons and then next to 1Password extension, click more to see its version. You should be at 1Password extension 4.5.6 right now.

• Johnds45
    Johnds45
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thanks both
    Yesterday I "upgraded" AVG anti-virus. I have removed the "upgrade" but AVG keeps installing it. However in the process 1Password has now been recognised by Firefox. I am using extension 4.5.6.
    I'll see how it goes now
    Thanks again

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Johnds45,

That's great, thanks for letting us know and keep us informed of any changes.

This discussion has been closed.