I recently tried to upgrade to version 6 and have turned off my antivirus. Still a problem

Options

I recently upgraded to version 6 from version 4 and I get a message that says try reinstalling "as administrator". Further, i turned of my avg antivirus. I have tried various processes and rebooted 3 times. How do I reinstall as administrator? The program was purchased in March of 2016. It won't open to read the version. This is a windows 7 operating system.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:download of version 6 does not work, kb:legacy-versions

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @marineau,

There is no 1Password 6 for Windows available at the moment, did you mean 4.6 which is the latest version? I just want to make sure you're trying to install the right version. You should only download the 1Password 4.6 from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

Is this a work computer or your own computer? Do you know if you're running as an administrator user or a standard user?

• marineau
    marineau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Yes it is 4.6. My tech came in yesterday and showed me how to install the software as an Administrator and what to turn off in the AVG antivirus. Which I did. Then I was able to open 1Password and see that everything was fine. However, this morning, after booting up the computer, 1Password did not open and showed the error again. This is my work computer, but I don't think that I am running as an administrator. I installed the software as an administrator however. Right clicked on the .exe file and ran as administrator.

• marineau
    marineau
    Community Member
    Options

This is the image of the error message.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @marineau,

Yea, you should be installing it normally. It sounds like something else is removing files from 1Password.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.